Faculty Writing Group Grant Program
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost created the Faculty Writing Group Grants to support instructional faculty in their career development. The primary goal of this grant is to encourage faculty to form collaborative support networks outside of their home departments and colleges that will contribute their research and writing productivity as they advance in their careers. Although initially designed for only post-tenure faculty, the value of having a variety of faculty ranks in these groups has led to an expansion to all ranks of instructional faculty.
Groups will receive a $2,000 grant toward their proposed goals, and approximately 5 grants will be funded each year.
Proposals for this grant program should be submitted electronically to Rachel Gabriele on or before May 15, 2022 for consideration.
Proposal Assessment Guidelines
Proposals will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- clearly articulated goals;
- creates a collaborative support network of faculty from multiple departments and/or colleges;
- encourages advancement of faculty research and writing goals;
- supports faculty career development needs;
- engages a number of group members who are post-tenure;
- potential positive impact to the individuals, group and broader university community
Email Rachel Gabriele, Assistant Provost for Faculty Initiatives and Policies
May 15, 2022
2022-23 Information Sessions
April 21, 2022
Rising Silo Brewery, Blacksburg