About Faculty Affairs
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Provost, the Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible for overseeing faculty-related matters at Virginia Tech, including recruitment, appointments, promotion and tenure, professional development, and overall faculty well-being.
Key functions of Virginia Tech Faculty Affairs include:
- Recruitment and Retention: Implementing effective policies and procedures to attract and retain a diverse and talented faculty in partnership with colleges and academic units.
- Professional Development: Supporting faculty in their professional growth by providing resources, workshops, and opportunities for continuing education.
- Work-Life Balance: Implementing work-life balance related policies and procedures to ensure faculty members can thrive both personally and professionally.
- Promotion and Tenure: Managing the promotion and tenure processes, which involve assessing faculty members for advancement in academic rank and job security.
- Faculty Policies: Developing and implementing policies that govern faculty conduct, responsibilities, and rights within the university.
- Faculty Recognition: Recognizing and celebrating the achievements and contributions of faculty members through awards and honors.
- Faculty Diversity: Implementing initiatives and strategies to enhance diversity among the faculty, and for fostering an inclusive and equitable academic environment.
- Conflict Resolution: Assisting in resolving conflicts that may arise between faculty members or between faculty and the university administration.
Get to Know Vice Provost, Ron Fricker
A member of the Virginia Tech faculty since 2015.